Saigon Star Hotel - Ho Chi Minh City10.7752631, 106.690713
According to guest reviews, the hotel has been rated as Best Family Hotels in Vietnam
Saigon Star Hotel is set in a market area of Ho Chi Minh City and gives access to Museum of Ho Chi Minh City, which is about 15 minutes' walk away. Residing in a 9-story building, the hotel was opened in 2009 and renovated in 2010.
You can find Tao Dan Park only 6.5 km from the property. The city center lies within 4 km from the venue.
This hotel is placed in 1 district, known for a museum, a theater and a temple.
10 minutes' drive from Tan Son Nhat International airport and 15 minutes' walk to Hoa Hung train station.
The property offers 50 guestrooms appointed with cable TV with on-demand movies, a refrigerator, a writing table, an iron with ironing board and pay TV. There are private bathrooms with a shower, a bidet and complimentary toiletries along with a dishwasher and coffee/tea makers for self-catering.
Eat & Drink
Vietnamese meals are served at the restaurant. Guests can eat at Lau De Truong Dinh and Nam Phan, situated within a 5-minute walk of the venue.
There are car rentals available on site.
The hotel provides cribs and a pool for families with children. The property offers a gym and a fitness center helping guests to keep fit.
Wireless internet is available in the hotel rooms for free.
Private parking is possible on site at USD 3 per day.
Year renovated: 2010. Number of floors: 9. Number of rooms: 50.
Free Wi-Fi in rooms
USD 3 per day
24-hour room service
Bar/ Lounge area
Paid airport shuttle
- Paid airport shuttle
- 24-hour room service
- Car rental
- Dry cleaning
- Tours/Ticket assistance
- Shoe shine service
- Newspaper service
- Bar/ Lounge area
- Business centre
- Meeting/ Banquet facilities
- Business services
Spa & Leisure
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe
- Dressing area
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Free toiletries
- AM/FM alarm clock
- Carpeted floor
Rooms and availability
In the Room
In the Room
1 Single bed
1 Single bed
- City landmarks
It was centrally located, near to park lands. The staff were very courteous. The price was good value.
Good location..close to Airport and disgusting carpets!
The park accross the street is great for morning walks. Nearby many attractions, within walking distance.
The hotel has a very good location, the staff are more than helpful, the rooms are clean (but aging) but very good value, the only note of caution I would offer future travellers is not to avail themselves of the “Health Club” on the 8th floor which one would assume to be run by the hotel, I don’t think it is as you are “offered” far more than a massage, which is not pointed out when you book a massage.
Central position, close to Reunification Palace/War Remnants Museum etc.
Neither restauant was able to provide a meal at 8.00pm!
Really friendly staff and good value for money. This hotel seems to be a respectable hotel since most taxi driver knows its location. It's located about 20,000 to 30,000 VND taxi fare away from most tourist attractions. Also the hotel provide fruits for the guests which is quite lovely for them to do.
There is karaoke on 2nd and 3rd floor and my room is located on the 5th floor, we can hear the music blaring downstair until around midnight.
This was my second stay at Saigon Star, I really love this hotel \(^o^)/~ 1) Reasonable price: only USD 49 per night, no surcharge for payment by credit card. 2) Good location: in the center of HCMC, very convenient for travel. 3) Considerate services: delicious meals, clean laundry, fantastic massage, nice housekeeping...all at an affordable price for common people. 4) One Sales Rep called Miss Thuy was really lovely and thoughtful, her response to guest's needs and requirements were always quick and helpful. Btw, her smile was so sweet and charming lol...
1) Food price for in-room dining was increased by 10%, one simple meal may cost around vnd 100k (usd 5), but price for laundry and mini-bar remained the same; 2) I didn't see any receptionist girls at the front desk this time. If the former receptionist girls were fired due to my "complaints", I will be so sorry for that. I think being naughty is just one way of showing loveliness of girls. I suggest Saigon Star to arrange some girl receptionists since they are more patient and careful to guests. 3) Should the staff speaks better English, Saigon Star will be more attractive for foreign guests.
1. Reasonable price, only usd 49 per night; 2. Good location, easy for travel; 3. Considerate services, including delicious meals, laundry, massage, car service, nice housekeeping, printing etc. all at an affordable price for common travellers.
1. One girl (Receptionist) used to be naughty and pretended to be non- English speaking, hehe~ but it's ok; 2. No jigi-jigi on call service, haha~; 3. English should be improved.
1. Reasonable price, only USD 49 per night; 2. Good location, easy for travel; 3. Considerate services, including delicious meals, laundry, massage, car service, nice housekeeping, printing etc. all at an affordable price for common travellers.
1. One girl (Receptionist) used to be naughty and pretended to be non-English speaking, hehe~ but it's OK; 2. No jigi-jigi on call service, haha~; 3. English should be improved.